Friday, March 30, 2012

Crostata alla marmellata

Last week I was baking bread, trying to stabilize my process and in the meantime I took advantage of the hot oven baking something more. One of my classic tart and also one  of my husband's favorite is Crostata alla marmellata. 

You will find a lot of recipe for this cake, I think every family has the own one, but I can assure you that my Crostata is really good.
How to make a good Crostata? The secret is a good Shortcrust. The crust has to be crumbly and soft. So, which is the secret? Make the dough as fast as possible. When you see the ingredients well blended, form a ball and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.

My recipe for shortcrust is:
300 gr Flour
2 Eggs 1 Yolk
150 gr Butter
120 gr Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

 On top you can use your favorite jam (Peach, strawberry, raspberry,...), or marmelade, or custard, or Nutella, in other words whatever you want ;P



No comments:

Post a Comment