Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Jocks are overrated, let's fall in love with everyday heroes

I was slicing zucchini when I had an epiphany. Hey, don't read anything between the lines. I don't want to slice anybody's zucchini! It was a mindless action that left my brain free to wander. That's all ;P So, I was preparing dinner when I made a mental list of the last romances I read and loved and saw the fil rouge among the stories: little town and everyday heroes.
Yep! All my favorite writers stopped looking for handsome guys with killer bods in  fields and grounds and pointed at nice little towns.
Bye bye Rachel Gibson's Chinooks or Jill Shalvis's Pacific Heat players. Our beloved love geniuses had to follow the actual marketing rules and embrace their friends style, so their heroes have now current jobs.
I still love their stories, at the end is the romance that really counts. But I wonder if they had to fully adopt Robyn Carr or Kristan Higgins format in order to keep selling, because I loved also their jocks. And I miss them ;)
Luckily now exists a parallel universe populated by free writers (called Indie authors ;p) who write about whatever they love (Even sport!) and create stories as good as the aforementioned ones :)

Here some of my big names favorites 




No comments:

Post a Comment