Thursday, April 11, 2013

My culinary McGiver moments

 Today I found a  couple of old photography film rolls that I've never developed. I forgot about them, but I still remember what I've inside. Pink flamingos :-)


 Many years ago, during one of our trip to Barcelona, my husband and I decided to visit Saintes Maries de la Mer, in the coeur de la Camargue (Provance, France). We went in summer to do a little birdwatching. We wanted to admire the pink Flamingos that spent the warm months there. 
We decided to give the trip and adventurous touch sleeping in my brother igloo tent. We went to a camping site near the beach. Don't worry. We didn't anything crazy as place the tent in the middle of the swamp. Anyway, we had toilets (public) and  electricity, but we didn't brought so much tableware, because were going enjoy the local cuisine.
We explored also the nearest supermarket and we couldn't resist to the call of the wonderful cheeses and pates. So we bought a baguette, a bottle of red wine and some green salad to complete our picnic.
Unfortunately in shops you can't find mono dose bags of salt-and-pepper and olive oil (We hate bottled dressing). Since we didn't want to travel with an open bottle of oil and a salt package in the trunk, I solved the salad dressing problem buying a lemon and a little anchovies (In olive oil) tin.
I prepared the dressing squeezing the lemon, smashing some anchovies and adding some of their olive oil. I put everything on top and used the bag as a mixing bowl. Then I closed the bag and shook well. Et voilà, the McGiver salad was ready.
My husband swore it was one of my best salads, but I think the good wine, cheese and paté did the trick ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Ciao Silvia, un pensiero per te sul mio blog http://sprazzidicreativita.blogspot.nl/2013/04/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete